Welcome! I'm happy and humbled you've stopped by.....Cozy up and follow along as I share my attempts at simple living with you.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Gratitude Journal Entry#8-Friendship

In these hectic and busy days, it's hard to juggle all of our responsibilities, obligations and family relationships, giving each the attention due them.
It seems that there is always something vying for our attention.  I know myself, it seems I'm so busy following through with the things on my

Must do list

that it doesn't leave much room for the things on the 

Want to do list
(including keeping up with this blog)

Despite all of this, I've added

Friendship 

to my 

Gratitude Journal.  


I may not have a lot of time for friends, but I'm thankful for the few friends I do have.

This is my friend Barb and I a few years ago while on a 

Pennsylvania Wine Tour

Though neither Barb or myself are drinkers,
 we do enjoy a little wine from time to time.

We had a great time that day.  It was a bus trip, so we were able to chat and catch up in between stops.  
Barb and I don't get to spend near enough time together.  But when we are able to clear our calendars and get together, it's as if time hasn't passed.  We just pick up where we left off. 


Recently, we had a chance to catch up.  Barb had invited me to her house so she could share the
fruits 
of  what she referred to as her new toy.

She had just gotten a new Vitamix and was anxious to share with me her latest love.....

SMOOTHIES..Yumm!






We enjoyed our smoothies and a little snack over some
catch- up -conversation
in her lovely sunroom.
(on a sunny day I might add)


Barb and Belle


I love the times we are able to share together and catch up on our busy lives.
And I especially love that no matter how much time passes in between visits,
we just pick up where we left off!

In case you're wondering, our next get together is a cooking class at our favorite
Kitchen Shoppe.


Should be a good time...I'll keep ya posted!

Do you have a Barb in your life?
I hope so!
I'd love to hear about her!


Grateful for a great friend,
Tammy


Love from the center of who you are; don't fake it. Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good. Be good friends who love deeply....
Romans 12:10 The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin