Welcome! I'm happy and humbled you've stopped by.....Cozy up and follow along as I share my attempts at simple living with you.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Projects that have been keeping me from blogging...Project #1

Normally over the winter months, I have some free time to do some of the things I like to do, like make some cards or scrap some pages.  But this winter, a variety of things have kept me so busy, that I haven't even been able to keep up with my blog.

So before the gardening season is officially upon us, I thought I'd share with you a few of the projects that have been literally consuming my life.  

Project #1-Painting and Redecorating

Hubs took off work for a few days to help me paint.  (or perhaps I helped him)  We painted our bedroom and bathroom as well as my Bubba's old room.  All were in need of a makeover.  

 Before


 During


Our Supervisor

Evidently, Josie got tired just watching us!

After

Caricature of hubs

Made use of an old picture frame by adding pics of
the grand babies


I still have a few finishing touches to do yet, including a  headboard.  But the worst is done, and we are enjoying our new bedroom and bathroom.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bubba's old room is now a 
Playroom for the babes

Before
Ya gotta love that copper color.
 It was the backdrop for all things camo!!

After

I have to admit, 
I am not a blue person.

But I wanted to decorate this room with all the stuff that has been living in boxes in the basement for YEARS.  Stuff that not only belonged to my kids, but to me as well.  After taking a survey of all the stuff, I decided on a very pretty blue that I'm actually really pleased with!


Hubs made me this lovely shelf to
 house all the memorabilia.


This table and chairs belonged to me when
 I was a child,
 as did the bookshelf next to it.

Ah yes, The Kitten Twins, one of my favorite books.

So there you have it.  The first project that has been hindering my blogging.  Stay tuned for the
rest of this story!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin