Welcome! I'm happy and humbled you've stopped by.....Cozy up and follow along as I share my attempts at simple living with you.

Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas Letter 2014

Merry CHRISTmas!


It has been several years since I have sent out a Christmas letter. 

I usually enjoy handcrafting Christmas cards, but this year I simply ran out of time.   I had time to only make a small handful of cards.  If you were one of the few
(and I do mean few) 
 who received a Christmas card from our house, 
count yourself as lucky! 

 And so that no one should feel forgotten, I decided this evening that it might be nice to take the evening  to reflect on the year 2014, 
and of course share my thoughts with all of you.  

So grab a  cup of coffee or perhaps some tea
 and get settled into your favorite chair......

Internet picture


This year has been filled with adventure, blessings and anticipation,
kind of  like the very first Christmas!


As I sit here, 
it's quiet
it's cold
and an icy rain is falling from the sky. 

And in the words of Clement C Moore..

Not a creature is stirring, not even a mouse.



I can however hear the 
fire crackling in the wood stove. 
So there's no 
Jack Frost nipping at my nose!

Internet picture


Anticipation

Earlier this year,
 we learned we were getting a new grandbaby!! 

So we have been waiting with
  expectancy for this new little blessing



He or she is due to make his or her
 arrival the day after Christmas. 
 As you can imagine, I'm growing impatient! 
 I just can't wait to get my hands
 on that baby and shower kisses
 all over its little cheekies!


Internet picture

We spent most of 2014 anticipating the wedding 
of Andrew to his bride, Ashley.

But before the wedding,


Blessing

Andrew and Ashley were married on a glorious day in September. 
The wedding went off without a "HITCH"

He got a wife; we got another daughter!

Here are a few of my favorite pics from that day!















Adventure

Much of 2014, has been quite an adventure. 
 I don't think either of us would call it a 
FUN adventure.

Nonetheless, it has been an adventure in the sense that we have been doing something different-
by breaking up the monotony of life. 
We have been trying to make the best of a less than
 ideal situation.

Many of you already know that we have been living out of two homes.  Since July, we have spent most of our time living in Rockville, Md where  Dave's current project has taken him.  We are blessed that I can go along and stay with him at what we refer to as, 
"the villa"




We have been experiencing a little culture shock.....
just a little.... 


City people
WE ARE NOT!


We are definitely country folk!

deer huntin'
diggin' in the dirt
peace and quiet lovin'
Country Folk!

And speaking of deer huntin'...



Here is one blessed fellow...
Dave that is, not the deer!  
He recently bagged a buck on a hunting trip to Canada.

AND he's also blessed to be grandpa to these two little deers!



Did I mention another is on the way??


This year, Dave and I celebrated....

10 years of being leukemia free

and

35 years of  doing the 
dance known as marriage!


It's been quite a ride!

So we decided to celebrate by taking
 a trip to Tennessee  with some special friends.








We had a great time and look forward to taking another trip!
SOON!

I hope you all have enjoyed sharing the highlights of this last year with us.  
I also hope you have some highlights of your own to reflect on. 
 Life can be brutal sometimes.
But if we focus on the moments that bring us joy
they have the ability to overshadow the difficult times. 


It is our hope that you will not 
only take time to reflect on 
the joyful moments of life, 
but that you would also
 take time to ponder the giver of 
ALL JOY.

FOR HE IS CHRIST THE LORD....


Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!

For both of us,
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin