Welcome! I'm happy and humbled you've stopped by.....Cozy up and follow along as I share my attempts at simple living with you.

Monday, December 22, 2014

T'is the Season for COOKIES!



So it's the season for cookie baking.  
And like all households,
we have our favorites.  


I'll confess that these buckeyes are my all time favorite!


But each year I try to select the cookies that
 are of  different colors, tastes, and textures
 and cookies that will create a pretty platter 
 for serving family and friends
 and giving as gifts.  


Today, I want to share just one unique recipe.
I got this from an old friend who always made
it sound like the recipe was some kind
 of  a family secret. 
 But today, 

THE CAT'S OUT OF THE BAG!

This is a molasses ginger cookie, 
shaped like a banana...
hence the name

Banana Gingers



 The recipe is not really that much of a secret.



It's the pan they are baked in that is the biggest secret!



My tricky husband has a metal bender
so he made me my own cookie sheet
 for creating these little jewels.  



The cookies are dropped by tablespoons
 and as they puff up, 
they take on the shape of a banana.



Once they cookies are baked they are
rolled in powdered sugar.  


 Beautiful!



And tasty too!


Here's the recipe....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Banana Gingers

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup molasses
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup shortening
1 egg
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ginger
1 tsp baking soda
4 cup flour
1 tsp vanilla

 Mix shortening and sugar,  Blend wet ingredients.  Add dry ingredients.  Drop by teaspoons and bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes.  Roll in 10x.  


Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin