Welcome! I'm happy and humbled you've stopped by.....Cozy up and follow along as I share my attempts at simple living with you.

Friday, September 23, 2011

I can't believe it's Fall!  

I look forward to this time of year....

It's my favorite.

I especially love the aromas coming from the kitchen. Apple, cinnamon, pumpkin............need I say more?

Fresh from the oven apple pie (will post recipe soon)


I love the fall colors.  
And the crispy cool mornings.

This is a Mennonite Church in
 Lancaster County, Pa
taken during the peak of autumn.


But there is one thing this fall that I'm not liking so much...







Yep, my chickens are molting.  The girls are a nasty looking sight.  And to make matters worse, they have slowed down their egg production.  Now I ask....How will I get all my fall baking done without those beautiful fresh eggs!?!?!






Fall really is my very favorite time of year.  I love to bake and decorate for fall. So stay tuned for several Autumn-ish posts over the next few weeks.

And before I say so long on this first day of fall, I just want to share with you something near and dear to my heart.  And that is that this (month of September) is 
Leukemia and Lymphoma Awareness Month
 I am a 7 year survivor of acute myelogenous leukemia.  And I can attest on behalf of all leukemia patients that the best way anyone can support patients suffering with this horrific disease is to 
give blood. 
 Without blood donors, I would surely not be here today. 
 To see more of my story click here.


Don't forget to stop by tomorrow for 
Scrappy Saturday- Baby Rhea pt.2

until then......

Live Simply and deliberately

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin