Welcome! I'm happy and humbled you've stopped by.....Cozy up and follow along as I share my attempts at simple living with you.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Getting Organized

Our lives today are very busy.  Regardless of where you are in life, there are many demands that seem to pull us in all directions. Finding a way to squeeze everything into a 24 hour day, and live a balanced life can be quite challenging.  For me, trying to keep things simple and organized is how I manage to get the most out of my 24 hours.  And having a plan is key.  Scripture tells us that People without a plan perish! (Proverbs 29:18)

This is the time of the year when I begin some planning.  While most folks may think of a new year as the time to set some plans and goals, this too is a great time for planning. Summer is winding down and I looking forward to the end of the canning and freezing season and the beginning of my favorite time of year. For many, children are going back to school or a new homeschool year is on the horizon. It’s a time for planning some fall cleaning (and decorating) and gathering ideas perhaps on the holidays that will be here before you know it.  If you are at all like me, there is planning to do for the Christmas holidays.  Many of my gifts are homemade and can’t wait until the last minute, so planning ahead is necessary!



I’ve been enjoying 100 Ways to Simplify Your Life, by Joyce Meyer.  I highly recommend it.  It makes a great daily devotional book.   Chapter 60 is about getting organized. 







In it, Joyce  opens the chapter with this quote:

 “Don’t agonize. Organize.” 
                           (by Florynce Kennedy)






Doesn’t that just sum things up perfectly?  
Don’t agonize. 
Get organized. 
Prioritize.  
Have a plan. 
Eliminate those things that can be eliminated. And perhaps even designate chores to others(Children NEED chores!)
Pray...Let God guide you 
And avoid time wasters (like T.V.)  


Everyone has their own way of getting (and staying) organized.  In this electronic age, many use their computer and or a Blackberry. If that works for you-GREAT!   But I’m an old fashioned girl, and I like to write things down…and I especially like keeping lists that I can cross off those things that I’ve accomplished.  It helps me see my progress, especially on days when I feel as though I’m just spinning my wheels.

So how do you stay organized? 

I’d love to hear about any organizational tips you may have!  Leave a comment or email me!

She looks well to how things go in her household, and the bread of idleness (gossip, discontent, and self-pity) she will not eat.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin