Welcome! I'm happy and humbled you've stopped by.....Cozy up and follow along as I share my attempts at simple living with you.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Foto Friday-Incredible, edible eggs


This spring, we got a new batch of hens, just ready for laying. 
They have been busy producing what seems like a ton of eggs.....Some days, we get as many 2 dozen! 

 The new girls have also been stirring up a little competition with the old girls.
While the old girls can't keep up with the new girls' production; they have been able to lay some very large, and very unique eggs.


The dark brown eggs in the front are from the
 new sex links. The LONG eggs in the back are from the old girls.
Its not unusual to find the long brown ones in my basket.
But one of my old leg horn hens left me one big white egg today!























Eating lots of eggs .....


2 comments:

  1. I'd love to have chickens...what a wonderful blessing, Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy, I've never seen eggs this long before-so very interesting! We only eat eggs once a week so I wouldn't be able to use so many but my oldest daughter would love to have chickens. Thanks for sharing; I'm wondering if the long eggs are normal for leg horn hens?
    Have a great day!
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin