Welcome! I'm happy and humbled you've stopped by.....Cozy up and follow along as I share my attempts at simple living with you.

Friday, September 7, 2012

Overgrown

Earlier this season, I decorated the front of the house with flowers.......










Two weeks ago, I snapped these pictures.......

This trumpet vine was so overgrown, it had become a nuisance. 


Hubbie wasn't too pleased about this!

One had to walk through the jungle
just to get through the doorway.

So I wacked down the trumpet vine, 
and today the porch is breathing much easier.

I am so amazed at the difference just a few months can make.

It's hard to visualize in the spring when you're planting those 
teeny little plants that they will soon become a beautiful burst of color!





AMAZING!






As the season marches on, I've already had to replace a few things.  I found some flowering kale at the local Lowe's. 



 And I'm looking forward to adding some 
fall plants and pumpkins in the near future.

For now though, I'm gonna savor the last few days of summer.  (The weather guys are calling for cooler temps next week...can't wait for that!)

While I love Indian summer and fall, and look forward to it every year....
It's a reminder of what's to come!




I'm not as happy about the season that follows.
How about you?


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your garden looks stunning Tammy. I love the array of colours. I've been working in my garden now that spring has arrived here in New Zealand. Have a lovely autumn day!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin