Welcome! I'm happy and humbled you've stopped by.....Cozy up and follow along as I share my attempts at simple living with you.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Gratitude journal Entry #7 I'm alive!...and a car love story!

On Wednesday, I left the YMCA and was going to the local library.  I had stopped at a stop sign and proceeded  through the intersection.  I had almost made it through when I heard that familiar crashing noise and before I knew what hit me, I was spinning in a circle.  I hit the brake and was stopped by the sidewalk curb.  

Don't get alarmed.  It was just a fender-bender.  But at the moment is seemed much bigger.  I wasn't injured, and neither was the woman who hit me.   
PRAISE!!
But my poor blackponi wasn't as fortunate.


I'm ssooo thankful that this accident was just a fender-bender and not something much worse....

No one was hurt....PTL!

I have to tell you though..
I love this car. 
I almost can't look at her boo boo!
I know I know..
You're thinking Its just a car! ...
a material possesion.

But it isn't just a car to me.
She's a symbol of so much more.

You see, as a teenager, my folks bought me my first car from the car auction.  It looked something like this...
(found this photo on the internet)

It was a 1969 fast back Mustang.  It was used hard. And of course my car wasn't quite as nice as the one in the picture above. It had a ton of mechanical problems. 
But...it was my first car...
near and dear to my heart.

Fast forward to 2003...
Rumor had it that Ford would be making a retro style Mustang.  
Yea!!!
I had seen pictures, and was anxious to see the real deal.

It was in 2003, that I was diagnosed with Leukemia (AML). 
I spent many months in the hospital getting Chemo to kill off the blood cells and then wait for my blood count come back.  
It was a difficult time.  And when the blood count numbers would bottom out, I would get to feeling really whimpy.  
It was then, that my sweet husband would talk me through it.  At one point, he promised to buy me a new Mustang if I got better.

Well, I did get better! 
AND 
He bought me my dream car!


See, I told you she was more than just a car.  
She's a symbol of 
Hope.....
Recovery....
and a husband's LOVE!

So now you know...
the rest of the story! 

Filled with gratitude,
Tammy

1 comment:

  1. Oh Tammy!...I'm so glad you are OK! I'm sorry about the damage to your car..yes, it IS just a material possesion but like you say, it is also so much more than that {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin