Welcome! I'm happy and humbled you've stopped by.....Cozy up and follow along as I share my attempts at simple living with you.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS ......CAROLS -Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer


With just 12 more days left until Christmas, I thought it appropriate to begin a series of blogs I’ll call The Twelve Days of Christmas….Carols!  Each day I’ll highlight a vintage Christmas song.  Some will be more traditional Christmas Carols, and some will be some fun holiday songs. Each post will include a little tidbit that will give a peek at what is going on around our house.      

I thought a fun song was a great way to kick off the music festivities.  So I chose Rudolph the Red- Nosed Reindeer.  This song began as a poem in a marketing ploy for Montgomery Ward in 1939.  And in 1949, singer Gene Autry recorded a musical version of the song.






SPEAKING OF DEER..........


Okay, Okay...I know this deer(below)does not have a red nose.  Nor is it a reindeer.  But hey, I couldn’t find any reindeer in my neighborhood.  So this 8 pt deer that hubs brought home in the back of the (lawnmower) wagon was the best I could do!! Besides, in our neck of the woods, hunting season has just come to a close so it's still fresh on the minds of some fellers I know. Anyway, I'm sure a redneck pic like this is sure to 

GO DOWN IN HIS-TOR-Y.









***********************************

To get the entire scoop on Rudolph visit snopes.com

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/rudolph.asp






No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin