Welcome! I'm happy and humbled you've stopped by.....Cozy up and follow along as I share my attempts at simple living with you.

Monday, December 7, 2009

T'IS THE SEASON

Mother nature delivered a sweet surprise to our neck of the woods this weekend. It was some great inspiration for getting all of our preparations for Christmas underway. In our area, snow and cold weather comes to mind when we think of the Christmas season. I often wonder what it's like to live in a place like Florida where cold and snow are not a part of this special holiday. I suppose those folks can only dream of a white Christmas!


On Friday, I had just finished decorating my front porch in a wintry theme. (My daughter thinks that is what encouraged the snow!) I don't have much of a porch. But that doesn't stop me. After all, my little porch is the gateway to our home. I think its important to scream WELCOME to family and friends. I have made it my tradition to decorate for winter, instead of the usual "Christmas-e" decorations. That way I can enjoy them into spring. (And I don't have to go out in the cold to take them down!)


My Christmas to -do list is getting smaller! Though I have many, probably most of my preparations tackled, non can be checked off the list completely-YET!But hopefully this week I can change that. The few Christmas cards I send out are completed. They aren't addressed or sent out. In fact, I'm not even sure who the lucky folks are who will received them. Usually, I write a Family Christmas letter and mail it out digitally. But with the arrival of Jack in October, I decided a picture card would be nice. We'll have to wait and see how that all turns out.


For a child is born to us, a son is given to us.The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called:Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6


Many of the cookies are baked. I still have several kinds I'd like to bake. Again, We'll see!



Our tree is up, the packages are wrapped and the house is decorated-check, check and check! I have a few homemade gift projects I'm finishing up.


I need to finalize my menu/shopping lists for Christmas entertaining. If time allows............I hope to do a few posts that will include a tour of our decorated home, menus, recipes and gift projects (even a few gag gifts). But in the meantime, I'm going to try to ....pace myself........ savor the moments.......... and remember the reason for this beautiful season!


Have a very blessed day!


Tammy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin