Welcome! I'm happy and humbled you've stopped by.....Cozy up and follow along as I share my attempts at simple living with you.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

A THOUGHT OCCURRED TO ME.....(in the garden)

A thought occurred to me while I was mowing grass today. I was in the garden dumping some grass clippings. Most of the garden has been picked over and is showing signs of the season's end. It's very sad to say goodbye to those last remnants of summer. So I was thinking how I'd like to pluck off those few last tomatoes and bring them in the house to ripen and extend the tomato season. And then I looked over at a little green pepper hanging on the vine....and that's when it hit me! I could sever that pepper from the vine to save it from any risk of frost. But once its cut from its life source, it will cease to grow and flourish....just like us!
If we sever ourselves from Christ, our life source, we will cease to grow and flourish.
So for now, I'm going to let that little pepper on the vine so it can continue to grow!
Clinging to the vine!
Tammy
Yes I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5


Heart shaped tomato....isn't it cute!?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin