Welcome! I'm happy and humbled you've stopped by.....Cozy up and follow along as I share my attempts at simple living with you.

Monday, October 6, 2014

Fall-reFlections


Grab a "fall treat" and a cup of coffee or tea
 and get ready to enjoy this loooong post, 
with lots of photos.  

It's been 2 weeks since the start of my favorite season.
So I thought it was the perfect time to reflect on the past few months
because they have passed me by at a frenetic pace. 

I think pausing to reflect on the past is a good thing.
It's when we take time to be still 
that we can see our mistakes....
our successes...
and how God has been working things out for good 
for us..
in us..
and through us.
It's a good time to count our blessings.

It's been a busy summer.....

So let's begin with an awesome vacation!

Me and Hubs

We took a trip to the Smoky Mountains with some friends.

Friends Barb and Kevin


On our trip, we stretched ourselves as we partook in many firsts.


 We went to Dollywood.
We saw several very entertaining shows inside the park.
But Miss Lillian's pre-show was worth the price of admission!



She picked Hubs out of the audience to help her get the audience warmed up.  I laughed until my face hurt! My little chicken man was a good sport.


We  rode some terrifying rides...including this one.

Some other firsts included a horse back ride at Cade's Cove.
I'm a country girl, but I don't have much experience with horses.
I have to admit it was a little intimidating
but it was fun.
I'm sure glad the horses knew where to go!

I snapped this photo from
my horse.  That's hubs up
ahead.  Kevin and Barb
brought up the rear.

We went to Gatlinburg one day.
What an enjoyable place to visit...
and so clean.

I did something very new in Gatlinburg....
I sampled some flavored moonshine.
Not the pure grain stuff....
the sugar laden kind.
I have to admit...
It was good.
But NO, I didn't bring any home with me!

Moonshine. Wall to Wall. Every flavor you can imagine.
 While we  were there, we took time to go to the aquarium as well.
This was my favorite under water critter.

I'd say this stingray is happy happy happy!



Everyday, we went out and about and explored Pigeon Forge.
And everyday we came back to our little cabin nestled on top of the beautiful Smoky Mountains


And everyday, we ended our day here......


Before leaving for vacation,
we planted our garden.


Over the summer
we spent many hours in the garden...


and in the kitchen...

We spent time with grandkids
imparting our love (and the rewards) of growing our own food with them.

Ya gotta love the monkey boots!
He thought this looked like the letter S. Smart kid.
Not only can these kiddos identify all kinds of veggies,
including the unusual, like scapes,
but they will try almost anything. 
Earlier this summer,
we found out we were going to be grandparents
AGAIN.  
Our daughter is now more than 6 mo along.
In July,  
we moved some of our necessities to Maryland.
Hubby started a new construction project there, making us part time city folk.
We still get home several weekends each month.
It's been an eye opening experience.
Our new neighborhood 

In August...
I hosted a bridal shower for my future 
daughter-in-law.


And the 

Pièce de résistance



Last weekend,
our son married his favorite girl before 
Family, Friends
and God...
Country Style!

So there you have it.
A reflection of warm summer days that have come and gone
leaving us with fond memories. 
And now it's time to press on to a new season
It's a season of color 
and 
a season of my favorite foods!
 


Until next time...

Stay tuned for more wedding pictures.
They. Are. Beautiful! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin