Welcome! I'm happy and humbled you've stopped by.....Cozy up and follow along as I share my attempts at simple living with you.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Yard Art

I know you've all seen it.  You may like it.  You may not.  I'll leave the judging up to you. 


Recently, I was reading this article in my MaryJane's Farm Magazine. When I stumbled across this article by Rebekah Teal.  It reminded me of my neighbor's yard.   



My neighbor's yard fascinates me.  There is so much to look at you're not sure what to look at first! 

Every year, they add more!

They've also been known to put up Easter decorations before the Christmas decorations have been taken down.  It's kind of like the Easter Bunny meets Santa Claus.

Okay, I won't keep you in suspense any longer.  Here are some pictures I got of the place, (very nonchalantly) while taking a walk the other day. 

(Don't  forget to click on the photo to enlarge.  You don't want to miss a thing)

Yard art alley

John Deere #1 complete with window boxes

John Deere yellow doors

More stuff.  And notice the fenced in fish pond in the background.

Thrones for your garage anyone?!

John Deere #2 and more window boxes


This is definitely not my style.  But hey, 

to each his own-right?

In her article, Rebekah states that she saw a wine bottle tree that she wanted to duplicate for her yard.  Her husband finally agreed but said it had to be in their
Back Yard!

What kind of yard art do you enjoy!

I'll leave you with some pics of my
Yard Art



Yep, that's it. That's all I got.

Simple and Deliberate.

Until next time, create some yard art of your own! (I'd love to see your pics)


3 comments:

  1. This is a sensitive subject with me because I find yards like these nauseating. The only thing I found attractive in your neighbors yard were her hanging flower baskets. I would assume she thinks "her stuff" makes her home look better, but it doesn't! The flag is shredded, the lights around the tractor are leaning every which way and it needs to be trimmed around, the stone wall in the front yard is ready to fall over, etc. Then I can't help but wonder what the inside looks like? Ugh....more nausea here. My motto is, "Less is More!"

    I have a neighbor like this and she once had a 1970's phone booth in her yard with a life size cardboard cut-out of Elvis Presley and Marilyn Monroe standing up inside it! Honestly, I could tolerate most of her stuff if she would keep the weeds down. : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me what you really think, Milah!....! I've never been in her house, but from what I understand it looks much the same. I hear she has an elephant collection-a collection of close to 1,000!? I don't get it. but PTL I don't have to live in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like yard art...but less is more. Sometimes, one can get carried away with a good thing! That's why rotating your art is a good idea. I like unusual things though, like the bottle tree...
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin