Welcome! I'm happy and humbled you've stopped by.....Cozy up and follow along as I share my attempts at simple living with you.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

RENEWAL-SAYING SO LONG TO WINTER





As you can probably tell my fresh new layout....

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF WINTER!
Regardless of that nasty Phil's forecast of 6 more weeks of winter.....I'm done with it. Winter is officially over at my house! I'm turning the corner and bringing out the spring- time feel at my house! All remnants of winter decor are going to be banished from sight! First on the hit list is the front porch.


But before I completely close the book on winter, I want to share a few last pictures from these last days of winter at my house. I've been behind on my blogging because I have been cleaning out closets and getting the house reorganized. At our house, we have two seasons- holiday season and garden/canning season. So this is the in-between-time of year to roll up the sleeves and dig in. (more on that another day)



About 2 weeks ago, a flock of ROBINS made their debut to our back yard. Well actually they took up residence on the "hunting camper".
BIG mistake! What are they going to eat?
(Oh that reminds me...season number 3 at our house-HUNTING SEASON!)



Here's a great Reminder


We had a lot of snow this year!! Mother Nature dumped 2 feet on one occasion and a few days later another foot. You can imagine the grumbling going on around here with all the shoveling, and plowing. As I walked up the sidewalk one day from getting the mail, my little flag just set off a little giggle on the inside of me. It reads:

REJOICE IN EVERY GOOD THING!
Even snow!??!!




Valentines Day gave us a nice break from the weather. We enjoyed some card making, baking, and a family picnic together (indoors of course). Our menu:
Hamburgers and Hot dogs
Harvest Potatoes
Baked beans
Cookies
Punch in our festive lighted punch bowl
Cherry Pie








And one more thought .............hold on to your bloomers!
As I am closing the door on winter and looking toward spring.....

I'm dreaming of my gardens laden with seeds (already ordered)
that will produce abundantly,
a yard that is a gorgeous lush color of green, instead of a filthy dirty white,
oooh and can't forget the smell of fresh cut grass,
floral decorations and splashes of spring forsythia-like yellow about the house.....everywhere.

pantries and closets, cleared of the clutter and
windows clean and sparkly that allow the spring sun to shine through brightly,



a new batch of fuzzy little chicks,
and the RESURRECTION OF OUR LORD!




And as a water aerobics instructor
I'm dreaming of shedding a few winter pounds!


This little cartoon has given me the inspiration I needed to
KICK IT UP A NOTCH!


With that I'll close!!


I hope you'll take time to dream about spring Today!




Living Simply and Deliberately,
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin