Welcome! I'm happy and humbled you've stopped by.....Cozy up and follow along as I share my attempts at simple living with you.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Birthin' Babies

I've been birthin' babies for 2 days now. It's like a maternity ward here. And I have to say that I am exhausted. It is hard to get any of my household chores done when the incubator is ALIVE! Chirp, chirp, chirp! For me, watching these little chicks hatch is evidence of the intricate handiwork of our Creator.


Enjoy the photos!


The process starts with a lot of pecking and just one little crack...



When the other chicks hear the pecking, it stirs them up to do the same...




Number 2 chick hatched before number 1!


Chick number 1 breaks free......



And another one.......





And before you know it......

You have 16 adorable, fuzzy peeps!
Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! I hope Ollie's chicks are half as cute as yours!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin