Welcome! I'm happy and humbled you've stopped by.....Cozy up and follow along as I share my attempts at simple living with you.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Savoring the Season

Autumn Greetings! 

 It's hard to believe that it is officially fall.
But the signs are here my friends...
 


 Personally, I love fall.
  It is my favorite season-for sure! 
But I must admit that I'm not in a hurry to say good bye to my summer flowers. 
They are still beautiful....

and it will be sad to see them go...

But I know the colors of Autumn will be arriving soon!
I love the colors of fall, and I love the cool, crisp autumn air.

I also love to stalk other blogs to see the beautiful autumn decorations of all of you creative fellow bloggers.  I can't think of a better way to get inspired to break out the goods and get decorating.  


Since you all have inspired me,
I thought I'd share some autumn inspiration with you!

Grab a cup of coffee, tea or perhaps some yummy apple cider, and check out my autumn decor.    

 I try not to get too crazy with the decorations because I know who has to dismantle all this stuff to prepare for the next holiday.
The good news is that most of it is natural and can be tossed in the field at the end of the season.

Let's get started outside....

This is the view as you walk out the front door.  See what I mean about not wanting to say goodbye to my flowers?  They make my front yard look so happy!!  


An old window frame, bittersweet, antlers, turkey feathers, burlap, and Spanish moss






I adore burlap!


Sign made using the Cricut


Inside....



This arrangement may need some explaining...this is an old glass chicken waterer that I change up according to the season. On either side is a "spring" candle holder.  The rooster motiff was made with the Cricut.  

I have to confess .....
that even though I love the colors of fall,
and all the lovely decorations... 
what I love the most is....
 the smells wafting from my oven.  

I love all things 
apple, 
pumpkin,
pear,
 and of course 
cinnamon!

Around here, it's a known fact that 

Pie really does fix everything!

For my recipe for apple pie or tips on creating a pretty pie, click here.

I can assure you the grandkids agree with me that pie fixes everything!!



Savoring the Season......





No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin