Welcome! I'm happy and humbled you've stopped by.....Cozy up and follow along as I share my attempts at simple living with you.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tryin' to keep it SIMPLE!

HELP!

Life continues to be crazy busy around here.  The harder I try to keep things
SIMPLE
the more complicated and hectic it seems to be.  

So I've come to that place where I must reevaluate life.
Have YOU been there?

I have to figure out how to get more time in my day without sacrificing the principles that I value.
I have commitments.
None of which I can or desire to
UN-commit  to.

Two mornings a week I teach water aerobics.  
I love this job and it provides me (both physical and mental) exercise .
It's a place where I know God has planted me.  




Though the class is only an hour long, it seems to take most of the morning... til I get up and do a few chores and feed the dog, cat and chickens, run to town to teach the class
 and stop for any errands on the way home,
 the morning is shot!
Now I have to admit,
some days....
okay, most days...
I hang around the Y for some coffee and conversation (and sometimes a treat).
You may call it goofing off, or wasting time,
but I call it
THERAPY!

2 of myfriends enjoying themselves around the "coffee" table

Two very long days are spent hanging with the grandkids.  On those days, nothing much gets done except for caring for and playing with these 2 adorable little ones.  

These 2 are a ton of work!.  But I can't think of any job that
is more rewarding or worthwhile.  It's not just a babysitting job,
it's working for the Kingdom since I get the distinct
honor of lovin' on them and  influencing them for Jesus!

Everyday, there are chores to do around the homestead.



There is always cleaning, laundry, organizing, gardening......and well you know, the list never ends.  I could lower my standards here.  But it would probably just make me cranky.
  I like things a certain way.
PERIOD!

When I do manage to get some free time, 
and my mind is not completely burned out (it's an age thing!),
 I enjoy crafting, 

mostly card making,
because it's a great way to bless others. 

scrapbooking,

and of course BLOGGING!

I have to have a creative outlet.
It's just who I am!

It seems that everywhere I look, there's a chore that needs done,
a project that needs completed,
a family member that needs help,
and I definitely need to spend more time with God.
But how do I squeeze it all in!?

So I've decided since there isn't anything I can't (or won't)  not do, 
I am going to have to concentrate on staying focused.....
Ignore all of life's background noise and distractions.
I'm gonna have to stick to my plans! 
(Yes, I'm a planner!)

But I'm afraid I'm also going to have to have 
AN ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT! 

I think perhaps I need to relax a bit and
  just enjoy living in the moment more often. 


I'm the oldest child in my family.  

And oldest children don't seem to have that
"Relax and enjoy life" bent!
We have that 
"take charge, and get things done" bent!

But that's a topic for another day!!
Let's move on.......


I think I need to be a little more childlike!

I usually watch the babies on Mondays, but with Monday being a holiday this week I was free for the day.  
AND my Y schedule was completely abolished.
Because of some kind of plumbing (sewer) problem,
 the Y will be closed this week.  

SO
I found someone else to take over my babysitting duties,
and I'm spending the week at home...
Isolated, hopefully, from distraction.

I'm gonna take this opportunity to not only catch up on chores and projects, 
but to also do some things that I want to do, like blogging.

AND I PLAN TO ENJOY EVERY MOMENT!

How do you get everything done you want to do,

both the necessary 
And the unnecessary desires of your heart...

AND.... still keep it simple?  

I'd love to hear your thoughts.   

I have more to say on this subject, but the clock is ticking....
very fast..

so I must go.

  But stay tuned.  I have more things I need to talk about!!

But for now,
I'm praying God will give me the strength to be all He created me to be....

and I'm trying to keep it simple and deliberate...








No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin