Welcome! I'm happy and humbled you've stopped by.....Cozy up and follow along as I share my attempts at simple living with you.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Looking Forward to Saturdays....the 411 on popcorn

Around here, we look forward to Saturdays. 
 Saturday is usually a work around the house day.  
During the summer months, its a work outside day.
  
By the time the day draws to a close, we are pooped!

But there is always something to look forward to at the end of our work day.

And that's the


It comes EVERY Saturday.
Hubs and I fight over our favorite section.  
Yep, believe it or not, we both enjoy the same section of this huge paper.

Hubs enjoys reading the for sale ads!
  
But Here's why I enjoy it....

Interesting Q & A from readers 

New recipes weekly

In a recent issue, a local business, Meadowbrooke Gourds  was highlighted.  They grow, make, and sell all things gourds....

To see more about this unusual business, (that was also highlighted on Dirtiest Jobs) click here 


I actually have a few of these gourds in my own collection.  I'll post them another day though (closer to Thanksgiving).




A few weeks  ago, Popcorn
was the topic of interest.  And since we grow our own popcorn, I was very interested. 


We planted Dakota black popcorn


Included in this addition was a little trivia..


and of course some very interesting popcorn recipes!

click to enlarge

So there you have it...
a Satur-DAY in the simple life of
yours truly!

Remember to keep it simple...

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin