Welcome! I'm happy and humbled you've stopped by.....Cozy up and follow along as I share my attempts at simple living with you.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

TRANSFORMING SOMETHING OLD INTO SOMETHING NEW

 THE photo below is the old part of this post.  Very OLD.  So old, that I sat on this rocker when I was child.  Yep, that's right- It was my old rocker from my childhood.  Imagine the stories it could tell.  Probably best that it can't!  But thinking where a vintage piece has been is what brings richness to the item.  I love old stuff.   And speaking of old...check out the next photo.......






Now this is old!  This is the original vintage fabric that covered my little chair.  Oh how I wish I could replicate it.  But since that wasn't possible, I chose ........



.......this golden fabric.  Yellows and golds match nearly every room in the house.  So I will be able to enjoy it in any room I choose.  


 With the upholstering part completed, there's nothing left to do but clean up the wood a bit...AND....



smother my sweet little model with kisses!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin