Welcome! I'm happy and humbled you've stopped by.....Cozy up and follow along as I share my attempts at simple living with you.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Smell of Spring

About two weeks ago, I was out working in the yard when I got a good whiff of freshly turned soil! Ahh, I love that smell. So I looked over in the field, and there was my husband, plowing up the garden. (He loves his tractor!)








We have a huge garden, so it takes a while to get the garden prepped and planted. We spent that entire weekend planting onions, potatoes, and peas-Oh my! Also in the ground are a variety of lettuces and radishes as well as green beens.




Planting a garden in the spring is exciting. It takes a lot of work and patience as you wait to realize the fruits of your labor...but oh so worth it!


This Week hubby planted some corn. So now that the bulk of the garden is in, we'll work on all the other stuff that gets planted later like tomatoes, peppers, pumpkins, cukes, and more.


We had a few rain showers this week and guess what?.......



...little sprigs of green are popping up everywhere....radishes, onions, lettuce and beans.


My "Lucky Man" This picture reminds me of a song I refer to as
My husband's theme song by country singer Montgomery Gentry.

Lucky Man

I have days where I hate my job,
This little town and the whole world too
And last sunday when the bengals lost
Lord it put me in a bad mood
I have moments when I curse the rain
Then complain when the suns too hot
I look around at what everyone has
And I forget about all I've got
[chorus]

But I know Im a lucky man
Gods given me a pretty fair hand
Got a house and piece of land
A few dollars in a coffee can
My old trucks still runnin' good
My tickers tickin like they say it should
I've got supper in the oven
A good woman's lovin
And one more day to be my little kids dad
Lord knows I'm a lucky man
Got some friends that would be here fast
I could call em any time of day
Got a brother who's got my back
Got a momma who I swears a saint
Got a brand new rod and reel
Got a full week off this year
Dad had a close call last spring
It's a miracle he's still here
My old trucks still runnin' good
My tickers tickin like they say it should
I got supper in the oven
A good womans lovin'
And even my bad days aint that bad
Yeah I'm a lucky man
I'm a lucky, lucky man
To hear Lucky Man

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin