Welcome! I'm happy and humbled you've stopped by.....Cozy up and follow along as I share my attempts at simple living with you.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

New Peepies

About 3 weeks ago, one our Henny Pennies went broody! At first, she was laying on 9 eggs that she had collected. The next time I checked she had 17, and next time.. 21! Evidently, her girlfriends were helping her out! So we moved Miss Henny Penny to the tractor coop where she could cozy up in a nest box and have some privacy. Yesterday the chicks began hatching. So far....2 brown chickies and a white one. And at last check, a white leghorn was beginning to hatch. Let's just hope that none of them are roosters. My record on roosters isn't too hot. The last batch of chickies were about 50% roosters...UGH!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin