Welcome! I'm happy and humbled you've stopped by.....Cozy up and follow along as I share my attempts at simple living with you.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

THE RED POPPY PRINT

Better late than never! I had promised details on my antique store find while junking in Lancaster County....... Here it is!

I know, I know, it doesn't look like much. It's a flour sifter for heavens sake. But for me, it tickled my funny bone. I've recently decided to add to my collection (of 2). So I've been keeping an eye open in search of this poppy print~that I LOVE~ when I'm out junkin'! My love for this print by Hall's Dinnerware, goes back to my childhood. We had a Halls drip jar. We didn't use it for grease drippings though; we used it as a candy dish on our coffee table. Hence, my adoration of the red poppy (and its connection to sweet stuff!)

Isn't it funny how things that take you back to your childhood can be comforting to the soul!


My Red Poppy collection~so far! If you have a piece you'd like to part with, let me know!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin